Monday, December 22, 2008

Dalton is 10!!!!!

Ok, so I should have posted on Dalton's birthday, but we were having way too much fun!!
Our day went something like this.....Donut's for breakfast (chocolate with sprinkles for the birthday boy!) We hung out, watched Dalton's fav cartoons, etc. Dalton saw Toby Mac in concert on the 11th so he wasn't expecting a birthday gift. Saturday evening we went to the Northpole of Texas to see Christmas lights. IT WAS COLD!!!! We had a great time. When we got home we sent Dalton to bed with Dylan. Meanwhile, we put his new Dallas Cowboys bedding on the floor in the den and blew up his new Dallas Cowboys chair. We had a Dallas Cowboys party. We tivo'd the game and had a blast, complete with a football shaped Snickers ice cream cake. YUMMY!!! The Cowboys were the only disappointment of the day!!

Dalton is such a joy!! He is quite the clown, but is a very sensitive little fellow. I am such a proud mama today. Dalton has been saving his allowance and birthday money. Today he said that he wanted to get his dad a new Leatherman since his broke. I explained to him that it cost too much money. He kept on and on until I told him that we would look on line. Well, long story short, next thing I know we are on our way to Walmart to get it for Daddy for Christmas. I tried to talk him out of it all the way. I told him that his birthday money was meant to be spent on him not someone else. I thought about buying it for Tony so that Dalton could save his money, but I knew that if I did that I would rob Dalton of the blessing of giving. He quickly explained to me that it is not all about him, that his Daddy works really hard and that he loves him sooo much. He said, "Mama, I can't wait to see the smile on Daddy's face when he see's his new Leatherman." Dalton was beaming all the way there. He marched up to the counter and told the man exactly what he wanted, proudly proclaiming that he was getting it for his Daddy for Christmas. He gave the man $87 of his $100. As we were leaving he said, "See Mom, it really is all about giving." Then he asked if he could buy me a coffee at Hastings. Instead I treated him to hot chocolate. With tears in my eyes, we came home and wrapped this special gift. I can't wait to see the smile on Tony's face on Christmas morning either. What an amazing family I have been blessed with...