Saturday, December 13, 2008

Here I Go!!

I am new to this whole blogging thing, but I have so much to say so I thought I would give it a go!!
Let me introduce me and my fabulous fam.
Amy-I am 34 years old and am the SAHM to Dalton, 10 and Dylan, 2. I am married to the most handsome guy in East Texas, Tony. If you don't believe me just ask him. LOL I homeschool my boys and love being with them all day. I love to hunt and run. I hate to clean house. I am the middle of 3 girls, and yes, all those things they say about the middle child are true. I had lapband surgery 1 year ago and have lost 95 pounds. I feel like I have a new lease on life. I have learned to love running and even completed a 5K run this year.


Tony- My DH. He is a welder machinist and also loves to hunt. He plays the guitar and writes songs. He has a beautiful voice and is very talented. There is not much Tony can't do. He sometimes comes across as being hard or uncaring, but he is really a softy. You just have to get to know him. We dated for 4 years and have been married for 13. He is my best friend.






Dalton- Dalton will be 10 on Dec. 20th. He is becoming quite the young man. He is very sensitive and loves his mama!!! He is very helpful around the house. Dalton even changes poopy diapers. I would rent him out, but his services are way too valuable to me. LOL. This is our 2nd year to homeschool Dalton. I love him being home during the day. He is doing very well in school this year. He is becoming much more of an independant learner. I love watching him grow in character as much as book knowledge. He also loves to hunt. See a trend here. He is also a ripstik pro. Dalton is learning to play the guitar and can now play You Are My Sunshine. I sure do love that boy!!









Dylan- Last but certainly not least is Mr. Dylan. Dylan came to live with us when he was 2 months old. We adopted him just before his first birthday. Dylan had a very rough start as he was born to a cocaine addicted young lady, and lived in that world for the first 2 month of his little life. His first several months with us were very difficult as he suffered the consequences of her choices. I will share more about all that later. Dylan is an energetic, healthy 2 year old. He is a clown. Just thinking about him makes me laugh. His birthmom voluntarily signed her parental rights over to us. She chose our home for him. I am very humbled and blessed to have been chosen to be Dylan's mom. Dalton summed Dylan's story up better than I could. We were driving down the road one day and he said, "Mom, it's like God saw Dylan in a bad place and then he saw me and knew I had prayed for a baby. Then he took Dylan from that place and put him in our arms." That's our Dylan.
My blogging will not always be this long, hopefully, but now you have had a "proper" introduction to me and my wonderful boys!!

8 comments:

Julie Simmons said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! You never told me that's what D said about Mr. Dylan. Wow!

Great picture of Tony...you may want to change that to the handsomest man in the WORLD (self proclaimed) so he's not offended! lol

Welcome to the blogging world.:-)

Melissa said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I really love it. It is a great creative outlet for me. Glad to see you are loving life and love the Lord. Your story of Dylan is awesome. God Bless. If you don't mind I would like to add you blog to my list.

Renewedhope said...

I would love for you to add me. Do you have a blog??

I was just looking at pics of your kids on facebook. They are beautiful!

Renewedhope said...

I would love for you to add me. Do you have a blog??

I was just looking at pics of your kids on facebook. They are beautiful!

Trog and Troggy said...

It is so great to catch up with old friends this way. Technology is amazing! Great stories here... You are going to love blogging!

My Blog:
http://www.mornincupocoffee.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Oh my goodness AMY...did I recognize you? NO! You look incredible! I love what you shared in your post. Your family is beautiful! Welcome to bloggy world and girl, your post can be as LOOOONG as you want. It is a great outlet and I love that I am journaling my kids life with pictures. I have been doing this for a while and I love looking back when Hayden was in high school, it brings back so many wonderful memories. I wish they had this when my older 3 were little.

Blessings to you and your precious family,
Kim

Hannah Grace said...

Hey girl its hannah. i had no clue dalton said that about dylan my eyes started watering when i read it. dalton and dylan are too sweet i love them and i am also gald we have dylan he is a miracle "in our arms"=.) i love yall caint wait to see ya. HaNaH

Nan said...

Hey Amy, I found your blog through Lori's. What a sweet family you have. Good to catch up. Nan Bass